School holidays, cool nights and a four-day weekend! Easter is a pretty great time to be hanging out in Geelong and The Bellarine.
Here’s a guide to what’s happening around town so you can be an Easter egg-spert this year.
Queenscliff, Point Lonsdale & The Bellarine
- Searoad Ferries have a range of events taking place over Easter and the school holidays:
- Tommy Terrific: Will be creating crazy, fun and entertaining balloon shapes including bunny rabbits and easter hats. Sunday 17 April
- Easter Bunny visit - Hop on board and head on over to Queenscliff, as there will be a special visit from the Easter Bunny handing out some choccy treats to kids and adults alike. Sunday 17 April.
- Captain Jack Roving Pirate Show: Meet Captain Jack and his motley crew and practice pirate sword fighting, walk the plank and learn pirate lingo. Monday 18 April.
- Good Friday Appeal Trips on The Bellarine Railway - Take a scenic trip along Swan Bay for a fun way to donate to The Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal. The Bellarine Railway will donate the proceeds collected on the day to the Good Friday Appeal. Friday, 15 April. Or, Hop on board for The Easter Bunny Special. A scenic 45-minute return train ride with ‘Bunny Spotto’ activity, an Easter bonnet competition judged by the Easter Bunny, an Easter egg hunt for children and photos with the Easter Bunny. Saturday 16 & Sunday 17 April.
- Hop Local in the Borough – There’s an egg-cellent number of activities planned on Saturday 16 April around Queenscliff. There will be an Easter Bunny appearance, FREE face painting, and fairy storyteller. And happening all weekend, colour-in activity map, find the colourful eggs in local business windows activity. Maps available at Visitor Information Centre (18 Hesse Street, Queenscliff)
- Friday Karaoke at the Elephant & Castle. Grab your crew and get ready to sing in the long weekend on The Beer Garden’s stage. Friday 15 April.
- South Geelong Farmers Market – Get your fresh fruit & vegetables, free-range eggs, pasta, baked goods, gourmet sausages, local wines and great coffee. A total food sensation! Sunday 17 April.
- Easter Egg Hunt at Old Geelong Gaol:
- For the kids - Are you looking for an Easter egg hunt with a difference and scare your kids at the same time? Well, this is the event for your family! Sunday 17 April, find out more here.
- For Adults - Do you get disappointed that the kids get to have all the fun at Easter looking for Easter Eggs? Now is your chance and what better place to hunt for eggs than the Old Geelong goal. With three levels of egg gathering fun, you won’t know where the Easter Bunny has been.
- Surround Sounds Geelong and the Bellarine Music Festival - Australian indie heroes will perform at Surround Sounds Geelong & the Bellarine, a month-long music festival celebrating the region’s live music cultural heritage across venues and cultural spaces. Here are the key gigs over Easter as the festival wraps up:
- Disney N' Dine with Greg Gold and Stella Perry at 6:00pm - adults only. Piano Bar Geelong, Thursday 14 April
- Music in Exile presents: Gordon Koang, Akaj Kwai, Asecuma Beats, ChikChika. The Palais Geelong, Friday 15 April
- Ngubitj, Samgooan, Water - Songs, Stories and Connection Projection. City Hall, all weekend until Sunday 17 April, 7pm – 10pm
- Eater fun at Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre - Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre is set to deliver some Easter fun over the upcoming school holiday period, which will have the kids feeling very Hip Hop Hooray! To find out what's on and win visit their website here.
- Easter Weekend @ Austin – The newest Cellar Door in the Valley, Austin’s is hosting fun for everyone. With seated wine tastings, cheese platters by Austin’s and lunch by Workers Barbeque. There will be an egg hunt for the kids and a wine hunt for the adults (why should the kids have all the fun?). Saturday 16 & Sunday 17 April – bookings essential